The Bridge Leisure Centre
Kangley Bridge Road
Lower Sydenham, London, SE26 5AQ
Tel: 020 87787158
Mon to Fri: 7am-10pm
Sat to Sun: 7am-6pm
Bank hols: 7am-6pm
We'd love to hear your feedback and how you think we're doing.
We offer a comprehensive learn to swim programme working in partnership with the Amateur Swimming Association's (ASA) National Plan for Teaching Swimming which is a recognised and monitored standard for the delivery of swimming.
Our award-winning lesson structure is designed so all students are continually assessed and work towards gaining badges and certificates in recognition of their achievements.
It's never too late to learn to swim, so we offer a wide range of courses to suit all levels and abilities.
Priority enrolment for current course members will begin three weeks before the course start date
New members' enrolment will begin one week before the course start date
How to book
- Read the course description booklet or booking guide to find the course that's right for you
- Ask our Head Swimming Teachers if you need further information
- Read the conditions of booking on your Swim School booking form
- Take your completed form and payment to the reception desk at the relevant centre during re-enrolment week
There are many different course levels and grades for juniors, 'Adult and Child' and adults. If you are unsure which level you or your child should be on, please ask one of our friendly teachers.
Swim School assessment
Each level is assessed against the Amateur Swimming Association's (ASA) National Plan for Teaching Swimming. This is a nationally recognised standard for the teaching of swimming.
Students will be assessed against set criteria of skills and swimming performance. To move onto the next level each student has to pass all the appropriate criteria and will have the chance to buy a badge and certificate in recognition of their achievements.
How to join Swim School
- Decide what level you or your child is – you can always ask the swimming teachers to help you
- Find a suitable course at your local leisure centre, on a day and time convenient to you
- Complete a booking form and take this, along with your payment, to your local centre
One to one swimming lessons
We offer one to one swimming lessons for both adults and juniors. You can brush up on techniques, learn new skills and benefit from personal tuition. All lessons are for thirty minutes and are taught by one of our experienced Swimming Teachers. Lesson times are arranged on an individual basis.
For more information about Swim School, please contact the Head Swimming Teachers at the centre.
Can't find what you're looking for? Please don't hesitate to Contact Us.