- News Posted 21st May
Camberwell update: Temporary closure of wet-side male changing rooms
Camberwell Leisure Centre has been...
- News Posted 17th May
Free Taster Session for our BRAND NEW Cycling Courses at Leatherhead Leisure Centre
Our brand new Cycling Courses provide an...
- News Posted 16th May
Find your sea legs...
With the weather warming up, now is the...
Careers in our Leisure Centres Posted on 9th May 2013
Full Time Recreation Assistant (Lifeguard) – Barton Leisure Centre - Oxford
If you want to have a challenging and rewarding career doing something you love, and possess the drive and determination to be the very best, then please apply to work with us! Fusion is a forward thinking and innovative operator of Leisure Facilities nationwide and we are looking for a full time Lifeguard with a valid current NPLQ for Barton Leisure Centre in Oxford.
Location: Barton Leisure Centre - Oxford
Salary: £16,660.80 per annum
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
- To undertake pool supervision, carry out daily programme of equipment set ups and changeovers as required according to the activity and event programme.
- To assist in the development of programming through innovative ideas and initiating actions to meet the demands of the customers
- To assist in the communication and promotion of the centre's services.
- To assist in the effective operations of the activity programme by coaching / teaching, where appropriate.
- To assist in ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the facility, on a shift rota basis
- To establish and maintain good relationships with our customers, ensuring that an appropriate ambience is maintained in the facility making customers feel welcomed and valued, with due regard for the Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy and Customer service standards
- To ensure that the centre is secure and maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness and repair
- To ensure the safety and welfare of staff and users of the centre through the operation of all Health and Safety procedures and standards and be aware of your role in managing emergencies, accident reporting and report defects as necessary
- Assist customers with regard to lost property, first aid, use of equipment and provide general information regarding the centre. Deal with complaints in a sensitive manner.
- Current NPLQ qualification- ESSENTIAL
- Previous experience of working within the leisure industry is preferred
- Required to work outside normal hours, including evenings, weekends, public holidays with flexibility of location
- Responsible for maintaining all relevant qualifications and attending training sessions as part of normal working arrangements
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Can't find what you're looking for? Please don't hesitate to Contact Us